Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sisters in Christ

I have a very dear friend who believes that God has given her a message to share, but she is scared to speak in public. I have always been terrified of speaking in public. But when we were speaking I said "Your prayer needs to be, don't let them see me, let them see You. He will speak through you and you will hide in Him. They will "see" you but they will See and Hear God." She replied, "But it is so hard!" My response was "Is God calling you to be His Moses? Because if He is He will give you the words to say." I continued to add "If He is calling you and you need and Aaron, then I am here sister, I will be your Aaron."

God has given us women the special task of sharing each others burdens. So many times women cause each other the greatest pain. I myself have been hurt by many women throughout my life and it isn't easy to trust again. But I must say that in my dear friend I have finally found my refuge, my quiet garden.

I have a wonderful husband who is my best friend. And I love him so very much. I believe that God intended for husband and wives to be best friends, but I believe that He wanted women to share special sisterly relationships too. I can say though that I have found a woman who is my Jonathan. David and Jonathan were the very best of friends, more like brothers, and this is what I have with her. She is my sister in Christ and also my best friend.

I am blessed to be able to encourage and help her be confident in the tasks God has given to her and to help her know how incredible and beautiful she is. I am in turn blessed to be encouraged by her and experience the rebirth of trust.

Too often women develop only causal relationships with many women and don't really get to know each other and vow to stand by each other no matter what.

I know that we can't all be best friends, but I believe that there is at least one very special female friend out there for everyone and I am so very blessed to have found mine. And she is teaching me so much which actually enhances my relationships with other women. But she knows she holds a very special place of honor in my life.

God please let me honor you always as my #1 best friend, for without you I would not have this special blessing of my friend and my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment