Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Year ... Late Posting ... Another Holiday


Ok so here it is the new year and I haven't posted anything at all since last December!?! So am I really a blogger? I don't think it is a dedicated thing for me, I just post something when I think about it. I hope that I will get batter at it.

Can you tell by the redesign of my blog that I might be getting a little bit of Spring Fever?!?

So yesterday was Valentine's day...what does that really mean? There are too many theoretic stories to relate, but basically it is considered a holiday for those in love. But what does love mean? Does it mean buy your girl 1 dozen roses?...Not for this girl...I'd rather have Lilies! Does that mean buy her expensive chocolates?...Not for this girl, I worked hard to get that forty lbs off, I'd rather go to Sweet Frog! Does that mean go out and buy her expensive jewelry?...Not for this girl, I'll rely on what God gave me to sparkle!

My husband knows me very well! He knew I would like Lilies better, but that I hate when they die! He knew I wouldn't want the temptation of weight gain inducing sweets. He knew I would rather not have sparkly jewelry.

He knew I would rather have a really nice card telling me EXACTLY what I meant to him. He knew I would rather have something practical, yet enjoyable all rolled into one.

The point is he KNEW! He listens, he cares, he loves. That is what a BEST FRIEND IS! And HE is my Valentine!

****Just found this and must add that I know I am love like this! I am blessed beyond words!****

1 comment:

  1. I'm terrible about blogging. I used to do it every day. A week or two ago I made a commitment to write more often. I have a semi-private blog that I've had since I was a teenager. Only a handful of people know about it and most of them I have never met, but we've interacted online for a long time. I've been writing a lot more often on it even if it's just something silly to stay in the habit.

    ReplyDelete