Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trust in Footprints

I wanted to start blogging and I wanted it to be a regular thing. But life just seems to get in the way. And I don't seem to have as many exciting things to write about unlike a friend of mine. She is an incredible blogger. Hardly misses a day and always has something funny to write about. It makes my life seem so dull!

But I guess God has purposes for everyone. I just haven't found mine yet. So until then I will simply share things that I happen in my life whether they seem to be exciting or not.

In the most recent future we went camping with our local Pathfinder club. My husband and I have the blessed responsibility of being the leaders of the group. I wasn't looking forward to the trip and in fact froze on the trip. All except my heart!

On this trip I was shocked by the behavior of our kids in the group. They were amazingly well behaved! We had a lot to be proud of. There is a varied range of ages and personalities, but for the most part, they were excellent kids.

While on the camp out my son got very sick. I was very stressed about this. It was so hard to balance between my responsibilities and trying to make him comfortable. But he made it through like a trouper. We got home and I tried my best get him well, but here it is two weeks later and he actually got worse! His temperature soared to 103.4. He threw up 3 times....so it all makes a mother blame herself. Should I have taken him on the campout? Should I have left him home?

I can't change it but I can love him. I can do my best to make him feel as good as possible. I can pray for him and lay him at the feet of Jesus. I must TRUST Jesus to carry him (and me) through! I need to look for the one set of : Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”


Mary Stevenson, 1936

No comments:

Post a Comment