Tuesday, November 15, 2011

So What Is SOO Wrong With Soda???

I have never enjoyed the beverage myself. I hate the carbonation. It burns my throat (my kids call it fuzzy) and makes me burp a lot! I have never really enjoyed any of the flavors either.

But are there real reasons why soda isn't good for you? In fact there are and I have found two different websites that have some really good reasons why discontinuing soda drinking is good for your health. Lifetraininonline.com and Livestrong.com are the two websites.

But why did I start looking it up in the first place? Because my husband came home from work last night and told me about a co-worker who was giving up all caffeine. Why? Because he read an article about how it affects your eyesight! Well it was just an article and it was probably just a bunch of bunk right! Wrong! It was a story about Brian McCann catcher for the Atlanta Braves!!
But I don't want you to just take my word for it here is the article about Brian.

Caffeine is a diuretic. What does that mean? That means it dehydrates you! So if you drink a lot of water and then have a soda/pop, it was just counteracted!

Aspartame, what is that again, just a sweetener....right? Nope! It was actually discovered when a lab was experimenting on a new drug! NICE huh! Here is what Wiki Pedia has to say about it:

"Aspartame
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aspartame (APM; /ˈæspərtm/ or /əˈspɑrtm/) is an artificial, non-saccharide sweetener

used as a sugar substitute in some foods and beverages. In the European Union, it is

codified as E951. Aspartame is a methyl ester of the aspartic acid/phenylalanine dipeptide.

It was first sold under the brand name NutraSweet; since 2009 it also has been sold

under the brand name AminoSweet. It was first synthesized in 1965 and the patent expired in 1992."


Here is some information all about Aspartame. This is pretty disturbing to me and

I know my family will be avoiding anything that contains Aspartame like it has a plague!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment